Monday, April 30, 2018
HELICOPTER ACTIVITY AROUND THE AREA - WHAT IS GOING ON?
🚁🚁WHY WERE HELICOPTERS FLYING OVERHEAD
• Crackdown by air (and ground) on motorcycle speeding/tricks/pursuits
• Joplin News First was monitoring with the FLIGHTAWARE APP - you can too
(64801/64804) — Joplin News First confirmed early in the evening that area police departments were working with a helicopter of the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Better weather this past week has shown a rise in dangerous motorcycle speeding/tricks/pursuits across the entire area.
Joplin News First heard earlier in the week, firsthand of a Newton County chase where a bike evading police reached speeds up to 130 mph.
Thank you to our area police depts and the Missouri State Highway Patrol for keeping us all a little more safe tonight.
And for keeping some motorcycle riders safe from themselves.
We believe the last helicopter has landed. The image you see is from a FREE app called FLIGHT AWARE. Get it in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE or the APP STORE.
- - - sponsorship§advertisement- - -
Our LIVE! & BREAKING NEWS is brought to you in part by
Gardner Express Care, 1701 West 26th.
• Need a Doctor for your Primary Care?
• Save 💵 on Urgent Care
• Weight Management & Consulting
• DOT Physicals • Drug Screenings
Click #gardnerexpresscare - located behind Neighborhood Market on 26th