Saturday, April 28, 2018
OPENING DAY - JOPLIN'S EMPIRE MARKET - HUGE CROWDS
EMPIRE MARKET OPENS TODAY IN JOPLIN - COME EVERY SAT
• Farmers Market has a roof over its head
• Local growers & artisans today 10-3
• FREE to attend & browse vendors
(64801) — Empire Market is a historic structure, built right alongside the railroad tracks on East 4th St. The main building was originally the Joplin Casket Company. But it comes to life today with a long-awaited Farmers Market & Artisan Center.
Empire District Electric donated this former office space to Downtown Joplin Alliance in 2016. Thus the moniker ‘Empire’ as a nod to the generous company which used the building since 1916 and has since renamed themselves Liberty Utilities - Empire District.
WHAT WILL YOU SEE
• The Bearded Baker will have a range of breads, savory pastries, sweet stuff 🙌🏽
• Robertson Family Farm, they say it's little early for their delicious blueberries, but they'll have their own honey to sell! 🐝
• Angela of All Mixed Up Bakery will have adorable sugar cookies and so many more items each week.
• Fleetwood Farmette LLC can share heirloom garlic, herbs, gorgeous eggs, handcrafted breads (using ingredients they grow themselves), fruit leathers & more items.
• Cottage Small Coffee Roasters will be in the market every Saturday
• MoBlooms with their gorgeous cut flowers that will change with the seasons.
• Blackcat Barnyard LLC have pasture raised pork, beef and poultry - and farm fresh eggs.
• Also they have artisans in the Hip Handmade Market inside!
#joplin #joplinempiremarket #farmersmarket #localgrownjoplin #downtownjoplin #lovejoplin #joplinnewsfirst
More from Joplin News First!
JAIL INMATE ROSTER LINKS PUBLIC SERVICE OF JOPLIN NEWS FIRST Joplin City Jail: https://www.joplinmo.org/489/Media-Reports Jaspe...
CLICK HERE TO OUR NEWS TAB AT FSHP FOR OUR LATEST ARTICLES https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/joplin-news-first/
(64804/64801) — We are a small operation so we rely on tips from you. You can join the Joplin News First team. If you have any questions ju...
CRASH ON BRIDGE OVERNIGHT HALTS TRAFFIC FOR HOURS • SUV “was hanging off the bridge” • ACTUAL DISPATCH COMMUNICATION (64804) – About ...
BUBBLING THROUGH: WATER MAIN BREAK IN MURPHY & BYERS NEIGHBORHOOD; 6” PIPE LEAK SENDING WATER THROUGH THE ASPHALT >> BIT.ly/3q8zYf...
(64804) – Bonnie and Clyde called Joplin home for 13 days back in 1933. Traveling across the Midwest during the Great Depression, with their...