Saturday, April 28, 2018
OPENING DAY - JOPLIN'S EMPIRE MARKET - HUGE CROWDS
EMPIRE MARKET OPENS TODAY IN JOPLIN - COME EVERY SAT
• Farmers Market has a roof over its head
• Local growers & artisans today 10-3
• FREE to attend & browse vendors
(64801) — Empire Market is a historic structure, built right alongside the railroad tracks on East 4th St. The main building was originally the Joplin Casket Company. But it comes to life today with a long-awaited Farmers Market & Artisan Center.
Empire District Electric donated this former office space to Downtown Joplin Alliance in 2016. Thus the moniker ‘Empire’ as a nod to the generous company which used the building since 1916 and has since renamed themselves Liberty Utilities - Empire District.
WHAT WILL YOU SEE
• The Bearded Baker will have a range of breads, savory pastries, sweet stuff 🙌🏽
• Robertson Family Farm, they say it's little early for their delicious blueberries, but they'll have their own honey to sell! 🐝
• Angela of All Mixed Up Bakery will have adorable sugar cookies and so many more items each week.
• Fleetwood Farmette LLC can share heirloom garlic, herbs, gorgeous eggs, handcrafted breads (using ingredients they grow themselves), fruit leathers & more items.
• Cottage Small Coffee Roasters will be in the market every Saturday
• MoBlooms with their gorgeous cut flowers that will change with the seasons.
• Blackcat Barnyard LLC have pasture raised pork, beef and poultry - and farm fresh eggs.
• Also they have artisans in the Hip Handmade Market inside!
#joplin #joplinempiremarket #farmersmarket #localgrownjoplin #downtownjoplin #lovejoplin #joplinnewsfirst