Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Shannon Becker and Joplin News First, now exclusively now on KOAM NEWS NOW (KOAM/CBS-7 & KJFX/FOX-14)
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Bitterly cold temps, leave faucets dripping, open cabinet doors, more Red Cross tips; Doug Heady forecast
JOPLIN METRO AREA - Bitterly cold tonight across the region, but further south into Arkansas they are getting snow! [VIDEO] Washington County Sheriff's office in Fayetteville, Ark. about 5:45 p.m.
RED CROSS TIPS TO AVOID FROZEN PIPES:
- Leave faucets dripping, kitchen sink, bathroom sink and tub. "Let the cold water drip from the faucet. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing," state Red Cross
- Open cabinet doors under your sinks all night. This allows the warm air of the room to surround your water lines under sinks.
- Be sure there are no open vents around foundation of the house, block them even with a board or cardboard tonight.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night.
- Keep garage doors closed.
Meteorologist Doug Heady tells us, "...we are gonna drop down to about 10 tonight. And tomorrow we are just going to struggle to warm up tomorrow [Thursday], at least we will get the sunshine back. We just really won't go anywhere. High temp right around 25."
See the rest of his outlook below.
- Immediately slow down
- Move over if you can safely do so
- Switch to a lane that’s not immediately next to the emergency vehicle, if possible.
- Robbery in 1st Degree
- Armed Criminal Action
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Trafficking in Stolen Identities.
This is a developing news story. Stay with Joplin News First for updates.
Wednesday, January 5, 2022
More from Joplin News First!
JAIL INMATE ROSTER LINKS PUBLIC SERVICE OF JOPLIN NEWS FIRST Joplin City Jail: https://www.joplinmo.org/489/Media-Reports Jaspe...
(64804/64801) — We are a small operation so we rely on tips from you. You can join the Joplin News First team. If you have any questions ju...
Shannon Becker and Joplin News First, now exclusively now on KOAM NEWS NOW (KOAM/CBS-7 & KJFX/FOX-14)I wanted those who follow my page that I accepted an offer at KOAM News Now (KOAM/CBS 7 and KJFX/FOX 14). That’s where you can find Jopli...
(64804) – Bonnie and Clyde called Joplin home for 13 days back in 1933. Traveling across the Midwest during the Great Depression, with their...
Joplin - Knowing Your Neighborhood's Name From www.onejoplin.com One Joplin exists to create a thriving community of great nei...
NEWTON COUNTY, Mo. – The NCSO share their most wanted individuals for the 3rd week of January in a release of information. “ The following ...