Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Shannon Becker and Joplin News First, now exclusively now on KOAM NEWS NOW (KOAM/CBS-7 & KJFX/FOX-14)
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Bitterly cold temps, leave faucets dripping, open cabinet doors, more Red Cross tips; Doug Heady forecast
JOPLIN METRO AREA - Bitterly cold tonight across the region, but further south into Arkansas they are getting snow! [VIDEO] Washington County Sheriff's office in Fayetteville, Ark. about 5:45 p.m.
RED CROSS TIPS TO AVOID FROZEN PIPES:
- Leave faucets dripping, kitchen sink, bathroom sink and tub. "Let the cold water drip from the faucet. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing," state Red Cross
- Open cabinet doors under your sinks all night. This allows the warm air of the room to surround your water lines under sinks.
- Be sure there are no open vents around foundation of the house, block them even with a board or cardboard tonight.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night.
- Keep garage doors closed.
Meteorologist Doug Heady tells us, "...we are gonna drop down to about 10 tonight. And tomorrow we are just going to struggle to warm up tomorrow [Thursday], at least we will get the sunshine back. We just really won't go anywhere. High temp right around 25."
See the rest of his outlook below.
- Immediately slow down
- Move over if you can safely do so
- Switch to a lane that’s not immediately next to the emergency vehicle, if possible.
- Robbery in 1st Degree
- Armed Criminal Action
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Trafficking in Stolen Identities.
This is a developing news story. Stay with Joplin News First for updates.
More from Joplin News First!
JAIL INMATE ROSTER LINKS PUBLIC SERVICE OF JOPLIN NEWS FIRST Joplin City Jail: https://www.joplinmo.org/489/Media-Reports Jaspe...
(64804/64801) — We are a small operation so we rely on tips from you. You can join the Joplin News First team. If you have any questions ju...
(64804) – Bonnie and Clyde called Joplin home for 13 days back in 1933. Traveling across the Midwest during the Great Depression, with their...
MEET & GREET CANDIDATE Q&A Joplin Public Library Thursday, March 29 5:30 Joplin R-8 School Board Candidates 6:30 Joplin City Council...
(64804/64801) – Judy Stiles of MSSU is also the KGCS General Manager and host of the Newsmakers spends time with the Joplin City ...