JOPLIN METRO AREA - Bitterly cold tonight across the region, but further south into Arkansas they are getting snow! [VIDEO] Washington County Sheriff's office in Fayetteville, Ark. about 5:45 p.m.
RED CROSS TIPS TO AVOID FROZEN PIPES:
- Leave faucets dripping, kitchen sink, bathroom sink and tub. "Let the cold water drip from the faucet. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing," state Red Cross
- Open cabinet doors under your sinks all night. This allows the warm air of the room to surround your water lines under sinks.
- Be sure there are no open vents around foundation of the house, block them even with a board or cardboard tonight.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night.
- Keep garage doors closed.
Meteorologist Doug Heady tells us, "...we are gonna drop down to about 10 tonight. And tomorrow we are just going to struggle to warm up tomorrow [Thursday], at least we will get the sunshine back. We just really won't go anywhere. High temp right around 25."
See the rest of his outlook below.